ACT manufactures both positive and adjustable choke valves in pressure ratings up to 15,000 PSI with different end connections depending on customer specifications. Adjustable chokes are meant for variable flow. They have an externally controlled indicator showing orifice size in the increment ofs of 1/64th inch. The variation in choke size is achieved by rotating hand wheel to obtain desired flow rate at down-stream side.
ACT Adjustable Chokes contain the following features:
- Interchangeability of parts to construct a positive, adjustable, or combination choke.
- Bonnet nut has rugged integrally forged lugs for hammering nut loose.
- Built in safety feature which releases residual pressure in the choke body before the nut is fully formed. The inside of the choke body is vented to atmosphere after the bonnet nut is partially removed.
- Interchangeability of component parts for a particular pressure range. For example, the same blanking plugs and bonnet assemblies are used in nominal 2” 2000 through 10,000 CWP PSI.
- Stainless steel adjustable choke needle and seat ( Tungsten Carbide/Ceramic lining needle and seat also available for sour service applications)
Different end connections (API / ANSI / Flanged / Threaded ) are available upon request
Chokes are available in sizes of 2 1/16” up to 4 1/16” connections.