ACT Plug Valve bodies are made from alloy steel forgings which are designed to a variety of end connections to be integrally machined.
ACT Plugs and Inserts are designed to resist abrasion and corrosion.
ACT Plug Valves can be easily adopted for hydraulic or pneumatic actuation. These configurations are designed for integration with complete manifold systems.
We manufacture in compliance with API 6A & API Q1
Pressure ranges up to 15,000 CWP PSI and SOUR SERVICE valves are also available up to 10,000 PSI
Our Operating Principle
- The plug rotates 90 degrees (1/4 turn) for rapid full open or close operation. This reduces erosion due to throttling action.
- To ensure a uniform clamping action for the initial pressure seal, the valve body is tapered.
- To ensure a continuous seal becoming more effective as differential pressure increases, the plug and inserts “float” down-stream with pressure differential caused by the initial seal.
- Relationship between the seal and the bearing areas is such that the torque required to operate the valve is minimized.
- To eliminate the need for thrust bearing to reduce friction, the plug is balanced by identical stem seals.
We offer low torque plug valves (bottom entry) for sizes 1” x 2”, 2” x 2” , and 3” x 3” (manual or gear operated.