ACT’s swivel joints are manufactured for both standard and sour service. Long Sweep swivel joints are designed generally from 6,000 PSI CWP to 20,000 PSI CWP, both for standard and sour service and ensure better flow characteristics. Smooth and round bore design keeps pressure drop low and minimizes turbulence.
Long sweep sour service swivel joints are manufactured in accordance with the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) standard, MR-01-75 and the American Petroleum Institute (API) standard RP-14E.
ACT Swivel Joints have the following features:
- Swivel Joints are made from carbon and low alloy steel and are specially heat treated for controlled hardness.
- All union ends are interchangeable with other manufacturers adhering to industry standards. All long sweep swivel joints have union ends of corresponding pressures.
- These swivel joints are provided with dual packing arrangement. Primary seal with stainless steel anti-extrusion ring and an additional “O” Ring between ball races and primary seal is provided which acts as a secondary seal. When leakage occurs, it is diverted through the leak detection port. A leak at this point indicates the necessity of primary seal replacement.
- The grease retainer is self-relieving to prevent pressure accumulation in the ball race chamber if leakage occurs through the secondary packing.
- ACT’s swivel joints bearings assure long and dependable service. These bearings are either dual race or tri race ball bearings and are matched to load capacity and service conditions. All ball races are either carburized and hardened or use snap ring and stainless steel.
Styles of Swivel Joints
ACT manufactures swivel joints of all styles to suit various service conditions. These are style 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80. We manufacture from 1” to 4” for 6,000 PSI and 1” and 3” for 15,000 PSI. Short sweep joints are also available with threaded ends or hammer union connections.